Read all about it

Monday, November 22, 2010

Raising awareness for rare diseases ....

Today begins my own personal journey of writing more blogs, less about mine and Andrew's personal day-to-day activities and more about the broad topics that we have encountered over his year of treatment. I get calls all the time from friends and family members who are dealing with their own life-changing medical events and they ask how to find the right doctor; keep up-to-date on the latest medical articles; organize their medical records; and how to deal with insurance. This is a good time for me to write about how I made it through this time, kept my sanity (which is obviously up for debate most days) and came out the other end with a smile. I am aware that not all life-changing events turn out with a positive outcome like ours, and I will touch on more sensitive topics as well.
I look forward to receiving feedback from my loyal followers and hearing about questions you would like answers. And as always, thank you for your love and support.

Raising awareness for rare diseases ......
xoxo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment